Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
The main opposition platform, Alternance 2023, from which the two personalities come, had "categorically" denied, in a press release Monday evening, "the veracity and authenticity of this conversation". She had invoked "shameful manipulation" and "unacceptable practices of the regime".
The court enjoys global jurisdiction.
Investigators will now need the authorization of the court’s judges to open a probe. Bensouda appealed for support from Nigeria’s government.
She said the army has dismissed accusations against government troops after examining them.
Boko Haram strictly opposes formal education. In 2015, Nigeria enlisted the support of neighbors Chad, Cameroon and Niger to try and defeat the group.
While the joint operations made the group lose considerable territory, they have not been able to wipe it out.
The ICC has conducted investigations in several African countries. In Sudan, Libya and Ivory Coast, former leaders were indicted for genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity after the investigations.
As Covid-19 cases spiked and a racial reckoning exploded over the summer, more than half of Black and Latino adults felt angry about the state of the country.The number of Black adults who said they were angry dropped to 41% in the weeks after Nov. 3 from …
All eyes will be on Friday's sitting of the Senate to see whether Norman Horne takes his seat as the eighth Opposition senator ending a month-long saga that has caused embarrassment to the People’s National Party.
Dr. Robert Redfield, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), has sounded the alarm about the increasing number of coronavirus deaths in the U.S.
Namibia has appointed a technical team to look into logistical requirements of importing a COVID-19 vaccine.
The southern African country’s minister of health said the team was instructed to study the storage, transport and distribution needs, local newspaper The Namibian reported on Friday.
Namibia lacks the infrastructure needed to store or distribute a COVID-19 vaccine. Most of the vaccine candidates so far require ultra-cold conditions for storage and distribution.
Namibia has paid $1.9m to the COVAX programme, a global initiative aimed at working with vaccine manufacturers to ensure equitable access to safe and effective vaccines - to secure the medicines for her people.
The country targets to vaccinate 20% of its population. Frontline health workers and people of advanced age will be the first recipients of the jabs.
Namibia has recorded 16,097 cumulative cases, 14,332 recoveries and 160 deaths.
The country has a population of nearly 2.5 million people.
Neighboring Angola on Thursday said it expected to receive five million doses of a COVID-19 vaccine in February 2021.
Health Minister Silvia Lutucuta said seven million more doses would be delivered in April in partnership with COVAX.
Angola has so far reported 15,925 positive cases, 362 deaths, and 8,679 recoveries.
Egypt on Thursday took delivery of the first batch of China’s Sinopharm vaccine.
Morocco on Wednesday announced that it was gearing up for an ambitious COVID-19 vaccination program, aiming to vaccinate 80% of its adults in an operation starting this month.
The North African kingdom is pinning its hopes on two vaccine candidates, one developed by China’s Sinopharm and the other by Britain’s Oxford University and AstraZeneca.
It seeks to vaccinate 80% of its adults, or 25 million people, as soon as the vaccines get regulatory approval.
Four years ago, The Weeknd's brand XO collaborated with Puma to release apparel and sneakers, and other celebrities were keen to follow suit, like Rihanna and Kylie Jenner. And for the past two years, he has been quiet on the clothing front, mainly focusing his energy on the music. But on Saturday, December 12, the […]
The R&B artist thanked the medical staff at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago for \"saving my life,\" he said, according to a statement.
By Sentinel News Service The Black Lives Matter PAC responds to former President Barack Obama’s recent remarks about “losing people with snappy slogans” and formally announces the launch of the organization’s Snappy Slogan campaign. The campaign can be found at http://www.snappyslogan.com. President Obama thinks you lose people with snappy slogans like #DefundThePolice. Our movement believes when leaders waste time criticizing a hashtag instead of talking about stopping the murders committed by law enforcement and white supremacists, we lose Black lives. If the former President is worried about whether #DefundThePolice is the right slogan, we must make it known that this […]
The post OP-ED: Black Lives Matter responds to President Obama with the launch of the Snappy Slogan campaign appeared first on Black News Channel.
COMMUNITY GROUPS in Brixton are calling on London Mayor Sadiq Khan to overturn Lambeth council's...
The post Brixton community groups call on Sadiq Khan to stop 20-storey office block: 'We make this community and we are frozen out of it' appeared first on Voice Online.
It is going to be a hard Christmas for many Americans. The number of people hospitalized with COVID-19 is soaring. The virus is spreading faster than ever. Families and small business owners whose incomes have been devastated by the COVID-19 pandemic are being hurt by the U.S. Senate’s refusal to provide any relief since April. This suffering […]
The post Demand that Mitch McConnell, Senate Republicans Stop Blocking COVID-19 Relief first appeared on Post News Group.
Watch BET UK on Sky 173, Virgin 184 Freesat 140
OneTen wants to change the way America does business.
By MIKE CORDER Associated Press THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) — The International Criminal Court's prosecutor said Friday that a preliminary probe has found 'a reasonable basis at this time to believe' that crimes against humanity and war crimes have been committed in Ukraine which merit a full-scale investigation. The six-year preliminary probe by prosecutors at the global court looked at allegations of crimes starting with the brutal crackdown on pro-European Union protests in 2013-14, the Russian annexation of Crimea in 2014 and the drawn-out conflict in eastern Ukraine. Fighting there between Ukrainian forces and separatist rebels has killed more than […]
The post ICC prosecutor ready to open investigation into Ukraine appeared first on Black News Channel.
Several international airlines have streamlined flights to SA following travel restrictions meant to limit the spread of a new Covid-19 variant fuelling an infection resurge.
With many people still nervous to travel, even under lockdown level one, here's how you can make the most of staying home.
BY STAFF REPORTER Three former senior officials at Mutare town council, including former town clerk Obert Muzawazi have been arrested following an investigation by the Zimbabwe Anti-Corruption Commission (Zacc) for selling residential stands without authority. Muzawazi, Christian Sithole, who was a former senior community officer, and Isdore Bingura, who was former legal officer at the council, were yesterday arraigned before Mutare magistrate Nyasha Kuture who remanded them to December 30. The trio, which is denying corruption allegations, was granted $10 000 bail each. The State alleges that on January 19, 2008, Muzawazi corruptly sold stand number 7539 Murambi East measuring 3 000 square metres at $2,5 million to Tinotenda Muzawazi. Bingura and Sithole witnessed the signing as representatives of Mutare City Council. No tender procedures were followed.
The White House will receive a deep, exhaustive cleaning before President-elect Biden and his family move in, according to a White House official.
A Marginalised Yemeni Community Descended From Africa
No community in Yemen has suffered more from the current war than Al-Muhamasheen — a term which literally translates to ‘the marginalised ones.’
A name adopted by members of the ethnic group themselves to escape the derogatory term of ‘Akhdam’ i.e. ‘servants’ in the Yemeni spoken Arabic dialect — by which they are often referred by the rest of the broader Yemeni society.
A society in which the Muhamasheen have experienced centuries of discrimination, exploitation and poverty — judged as the lowest part of the social hierarchy.
Who Are the People of this Black Community?
While there are no official statistics on the size of the Yemini underclass community, the UN has reported that there are up to 3.5 million Muhamasheen in Yemen.
Many believe the ethnic origins of the group descends from enslaved African or Ethiopian soldiers from as far back as the sixth century. And although Yemen has officially abolished its caste system, the legacy of centuries of discrimination persists today.
War is Worse for \"Second-Class\" Citizens
Rawiah Saei, a member of the Muhamasheen community who has set up camp in a cave with her family after fleeing the violence. She shares the hardship she and her family are currently undergoing.
\"I feed my children lunch and dinner all at once in the afternoon. I always go to look for food and ask people. Sometimes my husband gets paid for work he does, and sometimes he doesn't. He sometimes brings one kilo of flour and sometimes he brings nothing. I swear, I cooked yesterday afternoon and kept the little leftovers we had for today. I swear sometimes we fall asleep hungry. We also can't find water and spend the whole day looking for it.\"
A History of Discrimination in Yemen
The dismal conditions of the cave sanctuary in which Rawiah Saei and her family find themselves are sadly not a far cry from the typical indecent lifestyles the Muhamasheen have been subjected to in Yemen for hundreds of years. The Muhamasheen have mostly been confined to slums on the outskirts of cities and relegated to menial low-paid — such as garbage collection and cleaning as they are typically blocked from economic opportunities and suffer from higher rates of unemployment.
To top it off, the justly self-named marginalised community also generally live in abject poverty and even lack access to basic services such as water, sanitation and education.
It It is a story that's decades-old but still rings true today.
HBO documentary '40 years a prisoner' revisits Philadelphia in 1978 when the black liberation group Move was involved in an epic police siege and shootout.
A police officer was killed in the shootout for which nine Move members were convicted and sentenced to 30 years to life.
The Philadelphia police said they received complaints from neighbors, under orders from mayor Frank Rizzo, who ordered the group to vacate. But the situation escalated into violence.
The story documents the past event and follows Mike Africa Jr, whose parents were arrested in the raid and how he tried to free them.
\"The story captures the deep-seated racism and issues in the city of Philadelphia that we can see, that we can really begin to make some changes on,\" said Africa.
\"'40 Years a Prisoner' captures the human-ness of us, of who we are, and it shows who we are versus the image that we've been portrayed as. And that is the element that I think is so valuable in it, because people get to see us for us, who we are and how we interact with each other, the love we share with each other.\"
The film shows the shocking footage of one of the Move members, Delbert Africa, is beaten by three police officers while he is unarmed, showing how police brutality and systematic racism ensues to this day.
Director Tommy Oliver finished editing the movie in June, just days after George Floyd was killed under the knee of a police officer in Minneapolis.
\"It's a cautionary tale in a big way, because when we forget our history, we're doomed to repeat it. And this was something that, like you said, you didn't know about it, your parents barely knew about it,\" said Oliver
\"And here we are fighting for the same thing some 40 years later, fighting against police brutality, wrongful incarceration, systemic racism, abuse of power.\"
The siege ranks as one of the most violent clashes of the black liberation struggle involving Move and the Black Panthers in the late 1960s and 1970s.
But systemic racism and police brutality are not the only themes of the film.
\"But it's also a story about love. It's a story about a child's love. It's a story about romantic love. It's a story about the love of a city,\" Oliver said.
It also ends on a somewhat upbeat note with his parents released 40 years later and the film captures the first hug between mother and son.
BY FORTUNE MBELE FORMER Aston Villa captain Gabriel Agbonlahor believes club coach Dean Smith will keep Warriors midfielder Marvelous Nakamba (pictured) amid reports of the Warriors' star being linked with a move to Turkish giants Galatasaray. Football Insider quotes Agbonlahor saying Nakamba will have a big role to play for Aston Villa in the current English Premiership despite having played only 13 minutes in two league games this far. Nakamba also made three appearances in the Carabao Cup. Agbonlahor said Villa still needed cover for John McGinn and Douglas Luiz, the regular Aston Villa midfielders lest they suffer injuries or get suspended and the only back up that Smith has in his ranks would be the 26-year-old Zimbabwean. Asked by Football Insider correspondent Connor Whitely if it was high time Nakamba was sold, Agbonlahor was against the idea of shipping out the former Club Brugge star. “I actually don’t, to be honest. Dean Smith will have picked his 25-man squad for the season, unless he has money to bring in new signings I don’t think he would get rid of him (Nakamba),” Agbonlahor said. He added: “Just because you have got Luiz, Grealish, Hourihane, McGinn, Barkley in front of him at the moment, there is injuries and suspensions that could happen. Who do you call for then? I am sure he is the next one in line. I am sure Dean Smith will be thinking he will use him at some point this season when needed.” Villa’s record Premier League goalscorer insists Nakamba should stay. “At the moment Dean Smith needs a big squad for the season. The last thing you want is to have just 18 senior players available, as some clubs have already done this season like Burnley. That can easily happen if you decide to move players on. For sure, I think he keeps hold of him and he is involved in the squad,” Agbonlahor said. Nakamba was signed for £11 million by Aston Villa last year but has struggled for game time and Galatasaray, who missed on a chance to grab the Warriors' star last England’s summer, are targeting to get him on loan in the January transfer window. A few weeks ago, a Turkish publication Diriliş Postası claimed that Galatasaray are still angling for Nakamba on loan and are offering to pay him an annual salary of 850 000 euros, half of what he is getting in England with Villa paying the other half. Nakamba, who moved to England last year from Belgian side Club Brugge, has also been on the radar of two other Turkish giants Fernerbahce and Trabzonspor. If he finally moves to Turkey, he will link up with his friend and Warriors' teammate Teenage Hadebe, who plays for Yeni Malatyaspor in the Turkish Super Lig. Follow Fortune on Twitter @ fmbele
Tommy “Tiny” Lister, the towering actor best known for playing fearsome neighborhood bully Deebo in the \"Friday\" film franchise, has died. He was 62.
By SIMBARASHE SITHOLE TWO Zimbabwe National Army (ZNA) officers and a policeman allegedly teamed up with a civilian accomplice to rob a mine after having assaulted workers in a shaft and making good their escape with gold ore. The quartet, Collen Mukozho (31) Ngonidzashe Chinaganaga (27) (both soldiers), Douglas Ushe (36), a police officer and their alleged accomplice Wellington Nerupiri (28) appeared before Bindura magistrate Memory Chifamba on Thursday charged with armed robbery. They were remanded to December 17 on $1500 each. The State led by Prosecutor Edward Katsvairo, alleges that on October 5 the suspects went to El Shadayi Mine in Mazowe driving two cars, a Toyota Wish, registration number AFF 2894 and a Nissan Caravan registration number AFF 7099, which they parked in the bush and walked to the mine. Upon arrival, they saw the mine workers sleeping and assaulted them and those who tried to resist were pushed into the mine shaft. The quartet demanded gold ore from the miners which collected and packed it in sacks. The sped off in their cars. Mine workers regrouped and gave chase. The Caravan’s rear tire burst and the miners tried to apprehend the suspects, who were armed with unknown weapons. The miners filed a police report. Police officers acted swiftly and arrested the suspects.
This year, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier was slated to be Marvel Studios’ first big Disney+ original series, but unfortunately,... View Article
The post 'Falcon and the Winter Soldier' with Anthony Mackie trailer released appeared first on TheGrio.
Miami Heat athlete Moe Harkless is joining forces with The Prisoner Wine Company for a good cause — and just in time for the holidays.