Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
In an effort to stimulate the country’s vaccination levels, the Supreme Ventures Group has announced its new Vax...
A November 26 letter from the presidency asked the head of Uganda's national drug authority to 'work out a mechanism' to clear the importation of the vaccines.
China has about five COVID-19 vaccine candidates at different levels of trials. It was not clear what vaccine was being imported into Uganda.
One of the frontrunners is the Sinopharm vaccine developed by the Beijing Institute of Biological Product, a unit of Sinopharm’s China National Biotec Group (CNBG).
On Wednesday, the United Arab Emirates said the vaccine has 86% efficacy, citing an interim analysis of late-stage clinical trials.
China has used the drug to vaccinate up to a million people under its emergency use program.
On Tuesday, Morocco said it was ordering up to 10 million doses of the vaccine.
Record cases
Uganda on Monday registered 701 new COVID-19 cases, the highest-ever daily increase, bringing its national count to 23,200.
The new cases were out of the 5,578 samples tested for the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, the country's health ministry said in a statement.
Tuesday's tally was 606, the second-highest ever number of new infections, bringing the cumulative number of confirmed cases in the east African country to 23,860.
Health authorities have blamed ongoing election campaigns which have drawn huge crowds for the rise in infections.
Chief Medical Officer Dr Roshan Parasram is urging those who have passed the eight-week interval after their first AstraZeneca vaccine dose, to visit one of the vaccination sites – if they haven't received a call – to get the shot.
The Ministry of Health is expected to contact, with an appointment date, those scheduled for their second dose.
On Monday, Ministry of Health accelerated its covid19 vaccination programme with the focus now on administering the second dose of AstraZeneca.
But there was some confusion on Monday as some people reported they were either turned back or told their names weren’t listed.
There were also reports of others turning up at the wrong vaccination sites, weeks before they are scheduled for their second dose.
The national vaccination rollout started on April 6. When the administering of the Sinopharm vaccine began on May 21, over 60,000 people had already received their first shot of AstraZeneca.
For the AstraZeneca vaccine, the World Health Organization recommends an eight-12-week interval before the second dose.
At the Health Ministry’s media conference on Monday, Parasram said, “Considering all epidemiological factors involved – if you notice, we would have had a 12-week timeframe and we would have given appointments – that has been brought forward to eight weeks for reason (of) the present status...
“We would like a greater proportion of the people in the country to be vaccinated with both doses at an earlier point in time. It gives us the benefit of full protection and we think it was better.”
Eastern Regional Health Authority CEO Ronald Tsoi-a-Fatt said he was aware of people turning up at the wrong vaccination sites for their second dose, earlier than the eight-week interval.
“We are pleading with the nation to present at the centre where you are supposed to be to get your vaccine and you don’t, out of anxiety or otherwise, turn up within four or five weeks.
“You need to adhere to that eight to nine-week window.
\"If you haven’t received a call, we are catering for those who may not answer the phone when they are calling. We have adopted a policy in the centres that if a person turns up, once they are within the window of eight weeks and beyond, they will be vaccinated, even if they aren’t on the list for that day.”
Recipients of the second dose are asked to take along a form of identification and their immunisation cards.
How to get a first dose of Sinopharm
Walk-in arrangements for the first dose of Sinopharm will begin from Wednesday.
This is only for people 60 years and and over, or those under 60 with non-communicable diseases. This service will operate on a first-come, first-served basis.
Those visiting one of the 36 vaccination sites giving the Sinopharm vaccine must fit the criteria to be vaccinated.
AstraZeneca second-dose sites
People who received the first doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine at any facility in the North West Regional Health Authority catchment area will get their second dose at The Paddock, Queen’s Park Savannah, Po
The Ministry of Health (MoH) yesterday confirmed that two more persons who were infected with COVID-19 have died.
The article Two more succumb to COVID, 107 newly infected appeared first on Stabroek News.
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The Ministry of Health reported a 8.4 per cent COVID-19 positivity rate on Thursday after 528 of the 6,291 screened samples tested positive for the virus.
[Vanguard] The Synagogue Church of All Nation (SCOAN), Tuesday, disclosed that its founder, Prophet TB Joshua, would be laid to rest on Friday, July 9, at the church premises in Lagos.
THE EDITOR: So when will the Ministry of Health get serious about vaccinations?
How is vaccinating 1,500 people a day going to get us to the 'herd immunity?' At that rate we will need 400 days or more.
We have a large portion of the population who are medical practitioners and dentists. All of them know how to administer injections. I am certain they would each volunteer a week of their time to assist the population. Their practice is limited at this time. They have done well in this country. I repeat, they would willingly assist.
This insistence by the Government that it can do it alone and don't need suggestions or help from anybody is unnecessarily short-sighted. It is actually dangerous, because a health emergency has been declared. Emergency means that help is needed.
I tell my grandson not to scream unless he needs help. The Government has screamed. Now accept help. Ask for it. Let's get this vaccination programme going. Now!
ANNE DE SILVA
St Joseph
The post Govt must ask for help with vaccines appeared first on Trinidad and Tobago Newsday.
Kenya Primary School Heads Association (Kepsha) chairperson Nicholas Gathemia in a presentation to the Covid-19 Education Response Committee chaired by Dr Sara Ruto also want national examinations be rescheduled to later dates when candidates are adequately prepared.
The team will advise the Cabinet Secretary on ways of on-boarding students or pupils when the schools re-open as well as document all Covid-19 related matters, lessons learnt and recommendations for future preparedness.
It will also advise the Cabinet Secretary on the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the demand for education by poor households and suggest mitigation measures as well as on health and safety measures to be put in place for the pupils or students, teachers and entire school community.
Other members of the team are; Chairman, Kenya Secondary Schools Heads Association Indimuli Kahi, Chairman, Kenya Primary Schools Heads Association Nicholas Gathemia, CEO, Kenya Private Schools Association Peter Ndoro and Chairman, Kenya Parents Association Nicholas Maiyo.
Also in the team are Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops Augustine Muthigani, Kenya Association for Independent International Schools Jane Mwangi, National Council of Churches of Kenya's Nelson Makanda, Muslim Education Council's Sheikh Munawar Khan, Kenya Union of Post Primary Education Teachers (Kuppet) Secretary General Akelo Misori and Chairman, Kenya Special Schools Heads Association Peter Sitienei.