Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
The second phase of ticket sales ahead of the Qatar World Cup (Nov. 21 to Dec. 18, 2022) began Tuesday. It will close on April 28 at 9 a.m. GMT organizers said.
The court enjoys global jurisdiction.
Investigators will now need the authorization of the court’s judges to open a probe. Bensouda appealed for support from Nigeria’s government.
She said the army has dismissed accusations against government troops after examining them.
Boko Haram strictly opposes formal education. In 2015, Nigeria enlisted the support of neighbors Chad, Cameroon and Niger to try and defeat the group.
While the joint operations made the group lose considerable territory, they have not been able to wipe it out.
The ICC has conducted investigations in several African countries. In Sudan, Libya and Ivory Coast, former leaders were indicted for genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity after the investigations.
COVID-19 has affected our day-to-day lives in a lot of different ways – from canceled vacations and trips to wearing a mask to the grocery store, life looks a lot different today than it did at this time last year. The same is true of insurance, too – it’s predicted Read More
The post The Impact Of COVID-19 On Private Health Insurance in 2020 appeared first on PensacolaVoice Magazine 2020.
Minister of Finance and the Public Service, Dr Nigel Clarke, says payments that are outstanding under two components of the Government’s $10-billion COVID-19 Allocation of Resources for Employees (CARE) Programme are expected to be made...
Provisional results from LIberia's Special Senatorial elections have put four candidates from the opposition Collaborating Political Parties (CPP) in an early significant lead.
The results are seen as a big blow to President George Weah's ruling party the Congress for Democratic Change.
The Elections Commission on Thursday announced preliminary results from eight counties.
Madam Davidetta Brown Lansannah said, the results are from Bong, Nimba, Montserrado, Maryland, Grand Cape Mount, Grand Bassa, Margibi, and Gbapolu Counties.”
Speaking at a Press conference, chairperson of the National Elections Commission (NEC), Davidetta Brown Lansannah, said “The Liberian people can be rest assured that the Commission will accurately announce the results of the election as expressed by the people through the ballot box.”
The mid-term elections are seen as a test of support for Weah, a former football icon who has faced criticism as president over persisting economic problems.
The opposition is also leading in the country's largest county, Montserrado, which is home to the capital Monrovia, as well as most of the voters in the nation.
Tuesday’s election is regarded to have been peaceful in most parts of the West African country as 2.2 million registered voters went to the polls to elect 15 senators.
The elections occurred alongside a referendum on reducing presidential terms and allowing dual nationality.
The full results are expected to be announced within two weeks.
A SURVEY done by the Rural Communities Empowerment Trust (Rucet) and the Progressive Teachers’ Union of Zimbabwe (PTUZ) in Matabeleland North and South has revealed that most resettlement schools are experiencing serious water challenges amid the COVID-19 outbreak. BY SILAS NKALA Rucet chairperson Thunyiwe Zidla, who is based in Lupane, said children end up resorting to open water sources in desperations. “In Matabeleland North and particularly Lupane, this pandemic came at a time there is a water crisis due to poor rains and reduced levels of water tables,” Zidla said. “The implications are that people have to share the limited water sources with livestock. This has a negative impact on rural schools when it comes to sanitation and hygiene issues,” she said. Zidla said some areas like Dongamuzi were forced to use water from unsafe sources, adding that Mathambo Secondary School was one of the worst affected. The survey revealed that at Mathambo Secondary School, the water source had dried up, while Vulindlela Primary School, which used to depend on Shangani River for water, is struggling to get the precious liquid as the river has dried up. It also established that out of 10 resettlement schools in Matabeleland North, 80% had water challenges. PTUZ Matabeleland South provincial co-ordinator Urgent Moyo said most of the schools in the province were not provided with COVID-19 personal protective equipment, while boreholes in areas such as Halisupi, Mawaza and Gungwe in Gwanda had dried up. Moyo said in resettlement areas, for example, at Sikhwili Khohli Moyo Secondary School at Nsindi Farm in Gwanda, teachers and pupils were walking more than 10km in search of water. Rucet co-ordinator Vumani Ndlovu said COVID-19 had worsened the challenges in Matabeleland North and South where low pass rates have always been recorded, and would be worse this year given that there was no learning. “Pupils from urban schools were doing e-learning, radio lessons and private lessons, but such facilities were not available for rural children due to network challenges, poor radio signals and inability to pay teachers for private lessons,” Ndlovu said. Follow Silas on Twitter @SilasNkala
There is a lot of Black girl magic going around. This time, the movement is converging on the doorstep of the popular Instagram blog, The Shade Room (TSR). Insecure’s Issa Rae and Power’s Lala Anthony are joining forces with TSR founder Angelica Nwanduto work on a horror-comedy film calledJuju. Although the project is at the...
The post Angelica Nwandu teams up with Issa Rae and Lala Anthony to produce horror comedy 'Juju' appeared first on Face2Face Africa.
Young South Africans are calling for tougher coronavirus measures as the country reports a spike in cases and declared a second wave.
On Wednesday, South Africa reported 6,700 new cases, the highest since August, bringing the total number of cases since the outbreak to over 800,000 with more than 22,000 deaths.
The situation is expected to worsen as the festive season begins, with many travelling and celebrating.
\"It's been a tough year, people want to party, but, you know, I think the government should put tighter restrictions on like gatherings because I see now the gatherings actually increased instead of decreased,\" said student Mohau Mkhabela.
\"I think there was a bit of a mistake, a bit of a blunder on their side.\"
South Africa’s new wave is likely to spike so quickly that it could overwhelm hospital capacities in some regions, warned the country’s health minister Zweli Mkhize.
\"This thing (COVID-19) was not moving as fast as it is right now, and I just think maybe it Eastern Cape, the hot spots, those four provinces, those that are called the hot spots, should be locked down and implemented level five lockdown,\" said Sinalo Madolo, an administrator.
\"That is the best situation going back to level five, because now people think everything is back to normal and they do not have their masks on.\"
No lockdown has been announced but last week president Cyril Ramaphosa announced a ban on alcohol sales and a curfew.
The government says young South Africans are the drivers of the new wave, as the largest number of new cases is in the 15-to-19 age group.
The spike has been blamed on a large number of young people attending parties, where they consume alcohol and do not wear masks or maintain a social distance.
President-elect Joe Biden has unveiled a $1.9 trillion coronavirus plan to end “a crisis of deep human suffering” by speeding up vaccines and pumping out financial help to those struggling with the pandemic’s prolonged economic fallout. Called the “American Rescue Plan,” the legislative proposal would meet Biden’s goal of administering 100 million vaccines by the 100th day of his administration, […]
Manchester City manager Pep Guradiola defended the players who are trying to combine doing their job with a wave of protocols to follow.